Sandia National Laboratories Information Management Professional (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves significant issues and challenges for our nation's security?
We are seeking a talented, passionate individual who works well with teams, is motivated by contributing to the national security mission, and has an interest in supporting projects and teams to deliver advanced technologies to OGA partners to achieve impactful, relevant national security mission goals. Departments 5873/5877/5879 partner with each other and matrix with other Sandia organizations to tackle the full system lifecycle of a technical project from concept, design, and fabrication to development testing, performance verification and support of delivered products. We are seeking a highly motivated Information Management (IM) Professional. As the IM you will apply knowledge of the internal business practices within Center 5800 to manage information between our departments, customers, management, facilitating business processes and ensuring timely delivery of information and metrics within the Mission Assurance framework.
On any given day you may be asked to:
- Survey the current program information and identify corrective actions to adhere to the configuration and information plans; execute the successful transition of team documents/records from historical tools to the program repositories.
- Manage and mature team document repositories/tools on both classified and unclassified systems.
- Consult with internal customers to assess IM needs and provide counsel.
- Provide training and consultation to the team on standard procedures and corporate policies; identify and implement process improvements.
- Work to archive historical configuration items.
- Translate business needs into information solutions and define solutions to business problems through reasoned application of information management principles.
- Organize and distribute requested information to partners and customers.
- Support the team in handling and archiving program information.
- Assure that information is organized and archived to support deployed systems.
- Partner with the Technical Writer(s) in production of program communications.
- Provide support for program reviews or meetings including tasks such as managing logistics, coordinating materials, recording action items, and distributing post-meeting materials.
Note: To be considered for this position, all candidates must submit a current resume.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Programming, Technical Writing, Communications, Education, Engineering, Social Sciences, Science or relevant discipline plus five years of relevant experience; or Associates’ degree in a relevant field plus seven or more years of related relevant work experience; or Certification(s) in a relevant field plus ten or more years of related work experience.
- Active DOE Q clearance, or equivalent, and ability to obtain and maintain SCI access which may require a polygraph.
Ideally, your background would also include:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities.
- Experience navigating and using SNL processes, policies, and procedures.
- Proven proficiency with various relevant tools (SharePoint development/maintenance, PDMLink, Prime, Doors, Team Forge).
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical and project management ability.
- Experience in handling large volumes of data.
- Ability to identify issues and develop creative, effective solutions for internal/external customers.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Demonstrated delivery of solid and reliable customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to implement high-quality standards while establishing and maintaining effective and productive relationships with internal and external partners at all experience and authority levels.
The Threat Intelligence Center enables the national security missions of the defense and intelligence communities to reduce threats to our nation by applying engineering expertise to develop solutions to some of the nation’s most challenging technical problems. The Tailored Operational Support Group (5870) conducts research, development, engineering and analysis for SPP/SIPP sponsors. The group is involved in the program management and development of technologies as part of the Threat Intelligence Center (5800) at Sandia. We provide research, design and development of innovative technologies and sensing systems and technical assessments complemented by intelligence-based analysis. Our teams are diverse technically and reach out to an extended network at the laboratories to address and assess critical national security issues with a multi-disciplinary approach. The departments in Group 5870 tackle a variety of technical projects from concept, to sponsor training, delivery and support of products.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov *These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance and SCI access, both of which require US citizenship. SCI access may also require a polygraph examination. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain these levels of access may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.