Sandia National Laboratories Information Enterprise Systems Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We’re looking for a motivated and detailed team member assist in supporting first-of-a-kind, large-scale solutions for national security. If you are energized by positions requiring precision and accuracy, and you enjoy being a valued member of a dynamic and fast-moving team, then this is an opportunity to accelerate your career. As an Information Systems Engineering Technologist, you will play a key role in managing the inventory life-cycle of our systems and components, as well as participate with the planning, changes, and deployments of current systems. Responsibilities include validating and purchasing components, managing the support of items as needed through vendors or service partners, and tracking the availability and accessibility of these items from receipt to destruction. In addition, you will participate with the implementation and execution of new technologies, processes, and practices, document your efforts in support of project needs, represent our team to the highest degree, and partner across our teams to ensure customer success. We'd like you to join our team if you have a consistent track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations, precision and accuracy, consistently delivering on schedule, a passion for continual service improvement, and the desire to learn new technologies, concepts, and processes. Some travel is required for this position. Please provide strong examples of records or documentation representing your level of detail.
- Experience with IT customer service.
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues.
- Experience managing inventories for IT product lifecycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience as a Sandia Designated Representative (SDR).
- 2+ years of procurement or property management experience at Sandia.
- Experience supporting large-scale computing infrastructures, such as corporate telephony, computing, etc.
- Experience with deployment of systems for external customers.
- Experience successfully contributing to deadline-driven projects.
- Hands-on, practical experience with scripting, automation tools, and configuration management tools.
- Success integrating emerging processes and configuration management practices.
- Experience with ITIL and integrating continual service improvement into operations.
- Experience with project management tools such as ARAS.
- Have a current DOE Q clearance.
- Have a current SCI clearance.
We design, test, analyze and integrate first-of-a-kind large-scale mission unique system solutions for national security customers. We work the full lifecycle to architect, procure, assemble, integrate, and maintain advanced, high-performance computer systems to process, display, store, and disseminate high throughput sensor data. We also develop cutting edge infrastructure and tools used to enable our R&D software development teams to create complex mission unique capabilities that only exist at Sandia National Laboratories.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a SCI security clearance.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.