Sandia National Laboratories Information Enterprise System Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a motivated individual who will be a technical expert and technical lead for the Executive Office branch of the Enterprise End User Computing Support organization. This role will play a major part in interacting with Executive level staff and leadership to provide an elevated level of computer support while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. Selected candidate will also work to increase the success of other support technicians through the development of knowledge articles and the sharing of experiences. Additionally, the selected candidate may be called upon as a SME to resolve Enterprise related desktop problems in conjunction with other teams.
On any give day, you may be called upon to:
- Develops, installs, tests, administers, and documents distributed computing systems, including operating systems, shared components, networking, commercial off-the-shelf application interoperability validation, and cyber security configuration management.
- Supports a wide range of computer hardware, including servers, file storage subsystems, workstations, and peripherals.
- Translates business needs into technical solutions and defines solutions to business problems through reasoned application of information technology.
- Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
High School diploma plus a minimum of 3 years' experience in help desk and/or desktop software and hardware support in a heterogeneous, networked computing environment;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- A team player with extensive technical experience who is energetic and results oriented.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- A continuous service improvement attitude with a focus on the improvement of processes, procedures and training.
- A+ Certification.
- Experience with non-Windows platforms such as Macintosh or UNIX/Linux.
- Knowledge of mobile operating systems used on smartphones and other mobile computing devices (i.e. IOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile).
Enterprise End-User Computing Services, Organization 10763, is comprised of teams that research, develop, and service the desktop and mobile computing environments across Sandia. Teams include Password Administration, Strategic Mobility project, Corporate Computing Help Desk, strategically located desktop support teams (CSUs), Personnel Moves, and other specialized support teams.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.