Sandia National Laboratories Information Assurance Specialist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an exceptional information assurance specialist(s) to work with IT implementers and Sandia Labs mission areas to ensure cyber security controls are defined, implemented and adhered too. Intermittent travel will be required for this position. Also, this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance with an SCI Clearance that may require a polygraph test.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform Cyber Security assessments of security plans at SNL’s main Albuquerque campus as well as remote sites.
- Aid in the creation of new and the re-accreditation of existing cyber security plans.
- You will be figuring out security requirement gaps and providing recommendations or mitigations for addressing the gaps.
- Work closely with our Information Security Site Manager (ISSM), Information System Security Officers (ISSOs) and system administrators to provide interpretation of NIST/CNSSI requirements and guidelines along with validation testing.
- Work with the above personnel in the creation of Enterprise Control Libraries (common controls).
- All qualifying individuals applying to this requisition may be interviewed and/or hired into one of several organizations at Sandia National Laboratories.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Assurance, or meaningful discipline plus five or more years experience; or master's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Assurance plus two or more years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with information systems and application of security controls.
- Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance.
- Plus you must be able to obtain and maintain an SCI Clearance that may require a polygraph test.
- Experience working with a federal cyber security program
- Experience performing cyber security assessments
- Knowledge and experience of government (e.g. DOE/NNSA, DOD, CIA) cyber security orders and policies; relevant federal and private standards and requirements (e.g., NIST, ISO, CNSS, STIGS)
- Cyber certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, Security+, CEH)
- System administration experience, to include a deep understanding of common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, and Mac) and networking architectures.
- Experience as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
- Deep understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) as documented in various NIST publications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active DOE Q or DOD TS security clearance.
- Active SCI security clearance with polygraph preferred.
The FIE Cyber Special Programs Department supports the Field Intelligence Element mission by delivering capabilities around information system hardening/accreditation, vulnerability assessment, risk management and forensics with a particular focus on mitigating cyber threats. The Cyber Security staff, consisting of Information Systems Security Managers (ISSMs), Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs), Alternate ISSOs (AISSOs), and Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSEs), provide effective technical solutions for DOE, DOD and the Intelligence Community.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.