Sandia National Laboratories Inertial Systems and Avionics Electrical Engineer (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
We are seeking an Electrical or Computer Engineer to join a multidisciplinary team that is designing, developing and sustaining advanced State of the Art Inertial and Avionics Systems for National Defense Programs. The successful candidate will be working on systems to support our Hypersonics programs and Survivable Inertial Systems and Avionics. You will get to perform architecture development, electronic system design, system integration, and test of flight missile system avionics in support of prototype development flight testing. You should have a background in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on design, system design, analysis, software and test.
The successful candidate will work shoulder to shoulder with experts in their respective fields of GNSS, Inertial Sensors/Systems, SAR, Hypersonic Systems, Battery Systems, Guidance Navigation Pointing & Control, and deliver state of the art inertial and avionics systems.
On any given day you may be call upon to:
- Architect, implement, and deploy embedded avionic systems.
- Lead Electrical System design and integration activities over multiple engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, requirements, quality, and assembly.
- Provide technical guidance on critical designs.
- Coordinate with Chief Engineers, Test Engineers, and the Qualification Team to ensure qualifications activities provide evidence designs meet requirements
- Provide Technical guidance over the direction of designs.
- Master’s Degree in either Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or Computer Engineering plus 5 or more years of experience.
- Your background should include designing, analyzing, developing, and delivering digital electronic system hardware designs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance.
You background and experience should include some of the following:
- Experience with ECAD software such as Mentor Graphics Design Suite, Altium, OrCAD, or other ECAD tools
- Experience creating electronic schematics, design layout, printed circuit boards, and/or component level circuit designs
- Experience with Hardware Description Languages such as VHDL, Verilog, or other programmable languages
- Familiarity with PCB layout for high speed circuits.
- Experience electronically interfacing or working with embedded processors
- Experience in taking a design from the concept phase through to the prototype and testing phase.
- Experience with design or interfacing to analog based electronics
- Excellent teaming and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, as well as work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment, building consensus and resolving issues.
The Inertial Systems and Avionics (5325) develops and delivers innovative computing solutions for Navigation Systems, Specialized Radars & Communications systems. In the Navigation mission and Radar areas, the department specializes in reconfigurable digital signal processing utilizing leading edge FPGA technology, general purpose microprocessors, high density memories, high speed serial communication devices along with custom ASIC devices all specifically designed to support the space environment. We also work with various Navigation technologies such as Inertial Measurement Units, Gyroscopes, and Accelerometers.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.