Sandia National Laboratories Health Educator (Member/Early-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Health Educator As a Health Educator, we need your expertise in developing onsite preventive health and disease management initiatives in order to improve the health and productivity of Sandia National Laboratory employees. We seek to add a great teammate that designs health and productivity management objectives to support Sandia National Laboratories’ mission by improving health and reducing health-related costs and losses in productivity.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Design, develop, and implement onsite preventive health programming and disease management initiatives.
- Establish program infrastructure and program evaluation and benchmarking metrics.
- Conduct one-on-one and group classes for health coaching, stress management, and sleep consultations.
- Work with other departments, U.S. Department of Energy sites, and health and productivity management organizations to increase interdisciplinary approaches, streamline programming, and reduce duplication of resources.
- Complete center level metrics & reporting development and coordination to include ongoing metrics analysis (examples of data collection: number of visits, unique participants, customer satisfaction, cycle time, no show rates, etc.)
- Develop informatics and population health data collection & reporting.
- Use your expertise as an informatics specialist, using EMR technology to lead and communicate data and information to consumers, leadership, health care providers and patients.
- You will be called on to act as an Electronic Health Record superuser, a lead coordinator/specialist in note, vitals, orders templates & workflow development
- Develop and reporting Clinical Quality Solutions and Meaningful Use data
- Use data to conduct Health Care Provider Score Card tracking and feedback to colleagues.
- Serve as a team member on coding/billing and all EMR teams.
- Develop and tracking outcomes for population health initiatives.
- You will be responsible for assisting in the strategy development of an annual healthcare report/return on investment report to tell the story of the health of the workforce.
- You will serve to assist with peer review chart audits and other quality studies and projects for the Center, reporting to Division/Corporate level quality analyst to drive continual improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant allied healthcare field.
- 5 years’ work experience in a population health or corporate healthcare environment.
- 3 years’ work experience with an electronic health record and analytic/informatics reporting system.
- Current CPR certification.
- Master’s degree in relevant allied healthcare field.
- Certified Health Education Specialist [The CHES® or a nationally recognized Health Coach certification].
- Group Fitness or Personal Trainer certification/experience or equivalent exercise science bachelors’ degree.
Healthcare and Support Services is part of Center 3300 – Employee Health Services. EHS provides a comprehensive set of healthcare services integrated by the singular goal of providing the best care possible. Through innovative programs and benefits, EHS is responsible for positively impacting the health and productivity of the workforce. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about driving improved health outcomes for those we serve.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, disability, or veteran status.