Sandia National Laboratories Hazardous Materials Packaging Specialist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Corporate Storage Department is seeking a Hazardous Materials Packaging Specialist to join our team.
Some of the typical duties on any given day may be:
- Receipt of Explosives into SNL
- Perform Splits
- Pre-inspection prior to movement into Storage
- Use EIS to perform transactions
- Work Planner
- Customer support for Explosive storage
- Support Safety walkthroughs and Audits
Bachelor's degree in relevant disciple with two years' experience; or equivalent:
Experience in civilian or military explosive operations (Explosive Ordinance Disposal or similar job family) with demonstrated success in the technical management of explosive operations and facilities
- A working knowledge of operational safety and risk management
- DOE Q-level security clearance required to start
- Proficient with computers and mobile devices
- Training focused on explosive or weapons handling, use, storage and transportation or a graduate degree in a technical field related to explosives --Experience with Sandia Computer Programs (Explosive Inventory System (EIS), Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS), MS Office including Excel, and Oracle based applications
- Knowledgeable with lightning protection systems and response to system notifications
- Knowledge of DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations, International Air Traffic Association, Nuclear Federal Codes (10CFR), Office of Transportation Safeguards Operations, DOE/SNL explosive safety programs and requirements, and explosive ordinance disposal
- Knowledgeable on transportation, storage and handling of nuclear, radioactive material, weapon assemblies/subassemblies, and components
Corporate Storage supports Sandia line customers and programs with supply chain management by ensuring corporate assets are in the right place at the right time. Corporate Storage provides material management and storage space for classified and unclassified, nuclear, radioactive and explosive material.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.