Sandia National Laboratories General Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an experienced general technologist to join our team. This individual will be responsible to operate, maintain, repair and coordinate projects for the Hazardous Production Materials (HPM) alarm system which is vital to the Operations of the two semiconductor fabrication facilities at MESA. The system utilizes a Programmable Logic Controller that communicates with a host of peripheral devices, sensors and gas monitoring equipment. Selected candidate will be scheduled for second shift.
- Requires high school diploma plus five or more years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. May have secondary education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and industrial control methods.
- Direct experience with Controllogix PLCs.
- Programing experience / ladder logic, Visual Basic Applications (VBA) and other.
- Computer networking experience.
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) experience.
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting experience.
- Back ground in semiconductor facility systems.
- Active DOE L Security Clearance.
The Integrated Facilities Department provides line facility support for the MESA Fabrication facilities. The department is responsible for maintaining DI water plants, acid waste neutralization systems and other line owned and maintained facility support systems. In addition, the department has ES&H and Security Coordination responsibilities for the Microsystems Science, Technology & Components Center (Center 5200).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT
Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.