Sandia National Laboratories General Technologist (Experienced) 2nd or 3rd shift in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Organization 5241 is looking for General Technologists to join their team. The primary job responsibilities will require you to work a second or third scheduled shift. This position is critical for the continuous operation of lined owned production and programmatic support equipment for a large semiconductor facility during non-standard hours. This position will require you to work on various types of lined owned systems and equipment.
- High Efficiency Reverse Osmosis water purification systems,
- Acid Waste Neutralization System,
- Emergency Response and Life Safety systems to name just a few.
- Three years of experience in a semiconductor fabrication or facilities position or a vocational education, with the desire to learn the skills needed to perform the job.
- Knowledge and experience as a plant equipment technician in the support role or primary operations of a large-Scale Semiconductor Operation.
- Validated technical writing abilities and proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity Software.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE clearance (L minimum).
- Project scheduling, outage coordination and T&M Construction activities.
- Material Management and Control operations.
- Confirmed ability to interface well with all levels of engineering staff, customer and management.
- Act as the Sandia Delegated Representatives (SDR) on contracts supporting lines owned equipment and systems listed above.
- Familiarity with safety requirements and protocols associated with construction activities meaningful to Semiconductor equipment (e.g. lock out tag out, pressure and electrical safety, chemical safety).
- Familiar with ISO 9001 Quality system and experience working in an ISO certified environment.
- Write Technical Work Documents (TWD), Primary Hazard Screens (PHS) and interface with ES&H coordinators. Fab/Coordination for all systems.
- Participate in design reviews, coordination and safety meetings discussing modification, additions to facility infrastructure, in support of process tooling installs/de-installs, supporting production engineering and R&D activities.
- Participate in team projects, work with customers, peers, engineers and management, developing and improving processes and procedures to enhance our programs quality, cost, safety, and schedule.
- Working knowledge of HMI/PLC (Human Machine Interface/Programmable Logic Controllers) Systems.
- Firm understanding of detailed drawings, diagrams, specification to diagnose complex lined owned equipment and systems.
- Active L Security Clearance.
The Integrated Facilities Department provides line facility support for the MESA Fabrication facilities. The department is responsible for maintaining DI water plants, acid waste neutralization systems and other line owned and maintained facility support systems. In addition, the department has ES&H and Security Coordination responsibilities for the Microsystems Science, Technology & Components Center (Center 5200).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.