Sandia National Laboratories General Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work? Do you dream of working in state-of-the-art facilities with safety & security culture? Do you want to join a diverse team that serves an organization that supports our national security?
We are seeking a Technologist to work within advanced concepts and mission payloads for missile defense applications. You will be joining a department that develops and integrates system and subsystem components for missile defense applications supporting lab testing, mission integration and fielding flight systems. You would also integrate into a team that is developing, testing and flying mission payloads. You will support the functional electrical test team in the execution of electrical functional testing, system testing while working closely with engineers that are responsible for advanced concepts flight systems design, assembly, and qualifications. This position will include both laboratory and field testing operations. You may need to travel to support program needs.
On any given day, you may be asked to:
- perform test execution,
- tester development and maintenance,
- data collection,
- data analysis,
- and report preparation
- You possess a STEM based associates degree
- Your background includes two or more years directly related experience
- You have an active DOE Q security clearance, or DOD equivalent
Ideally, we would like to see your background include some of the following:
- Ability to support integrated system design, development, and qualification
- Ability to support assembly, integration, test, and troubleshooting of mechanical and electromechanical assemblies at the system and component levels
- Experience working with classified and hazardous materials/hardware
- Experience working in laboratory and field environments
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
The Advanced Concepts and Mission Payloads department is focused on defining advanced technology concepts and future target mission requirements in support of Missile, Air and Space Defense programs. Additionally, the department tests concepts both experimentally and in flight to deliver modeling and simulation truth data, while providing mission payloads in support of Missile Defense Agency's (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense System.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD) to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.