Sandia National Laboratories General Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a diverse team that solves challenging issues of national interest?
We are seeking a General Technologist to join our dynamic team.
On any given day, you may be called on to support for multiple classified R&D labs may include, but is not limited to:
- Managing safety supplies and equipment in the labs (eyewash stations, emergency showers, PPE, etc.);
- Maintenance and inspection of laboratory equipment such as forklifts, cranes and rigging, lifts, GSA passenger vehicles and other similar pieces of equipment;
- Maintenance and calibration of laboratory tools including explosives multi-meters, torque wrenches, and scales;
- Responsibility for maintaining laboratory supplies including hardware (nuts and bolts), chemicals, and disposables that include paper towels, containers, etc.;
- Supporting shipping and receiving efforts for large shipments that go over land, air, and sea to reach their destination;
- Basic lab operations will include operating forklifts, scissor lift, and cranes, the proper usage and disposal of a wide variety of chemicals, minor machine tool use purchasing parts and equipment, parts acceptance and quality assurance, working with local vendors/suppliers, and overall maintenance and support for the operational needs of the spaces.
- At least 1 year of experience in position related technologies, such as mechanics, electronics, computers, hardware schematics/drawings.
- Experience with project schedule compliance and establishing activities based on competing priorities.
- Assembly and testing laboratory operations experience.
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment (forklift, scissor lift, passenger vehicle, and crane).
- Active DOE L Security clearance or Active DOD TS Security clearance required to start.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required DOE Q security clearance.
- Experience working in a dynamic teaming environment and contribute to success of the team.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and individual high-quality output.
- Experience in an aerospace quality laboratory environment with FOD control, ESD control, and other flight hardware protective measures.
- Training in explosives operations.
- Experience with pressure operations.
- Machine tool operating experience.
- Experience with design software such as Pro-E, Solid-Works, Auto-Cad, and Visio.
- Experience with 3-D printers and their operations.
- Experience in working with technical teams.
- Active DOE Q security clearance.
The Center 5400 Integrated Technical Systems Department, 5403-2 Technical Program Support Team is seeking General Laboratory Support Technologists to support multiple missions within Center 5400. Department 5403-2 is comprised of varied technical capabilities and technologists to provide expertise with operating Test and Assembly labs for hardware, systems assembly, ground test, instrumentation, and mission characterization.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance or active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD) to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.