Sandia National Laboratories Financial Policy and Compliance Accountant (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Financial Policy and Compliance Accountanat to serve as a member of the CAS advisor team and partners with project teams to resolve issues that mitigates CAS non-compliance risk. Serve as a member of the Center 10500 internal controls program team as described in the Primary Job Duties section.
- Requires bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience; or master's degree in relevant discipline plus two or more years experience; or doctorate in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience (minimum of 13 years).
- Experience in assessing business operations for risk and effectiveness of mitigations.
- Experience in partnering with teams and/or leadership to resolve complex financial issues.
- Experience in formulating / drafting position papers or formal reports of findings to customers or critical stakeholders.
- Formal experience as an Auditor.
- Experience in process improvement.
The Financial Policy, Performance and Assurance Department within the Center performs with excellence in: maintaining an effective financial policy system; coordinating various aspects of financial system assurance; creating and maintaining a quality management system; various financial system studies to enable strategic business decisions by Laboratory leadership.
They are responsible for:
- Management and implementaion of corporate financial compliance activities such as OMB Circular A-123, Federal Managers' Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA), and the annual Management Representation Letter.
- Management of the Finance Policy Area including corporate policy system documents and the Controller's Manual.
- Serves as primary interface with the NNSA's Office of Field Financial Management (OFFM) for CAS, Financial Policy, and OMB A-123.Responsible for Cost Accounting Standards administration including the update and maintenance of Sandia's CAS disclosure statement.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT