Sandia National Laboratories Facilities Operations Lead (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Operations and Engineering Lead.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Utilizes technical background to follow the requirements of a Service Level Agreement (SLA) and to develop Operating Agreements (OA) as supplemental information to the SLA, with customers as needed.
- Utilizes Technical background and leading teams to develop Real Estate Operations Permits (REOP).
Candidates applying on this requisition may be interviewed and/or hired into one of several organizations at Sandia National Laboratories.
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Architecture, Facilities/Building Management plus 5 or more years of relevant experience; or Master's in any Engineering discipline, Architecture, Facilities/Building Management plus 3 years of relevant; or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or professional (exempt) level experience.
- Experience with project support and maintenance planning and execution for operational buildings and related support facilities.
- Experience using Facilities Management System (i.e. Tririga, Maximo) or similar software systems.
- Master's degree in any Engineering discipline, Architecture, Facilities/Building Management.
- Experience working in a Facilities Management organization.
- Experience in Project Management, including Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience in lifecycle asset management and energy conservation/reduction for buildings and associated systems.
- •Formal credential in Facilities Management, such as: Facilities Management Professional (FMP, IFMA), Certified Facility Manager (CFM, IFMA), Certificate in Facilities Management (from an accredited institution), Facilities Management Certificate (FMC, BOMI International), Facilities Management Administrator (FMA, BOMI International).
- Knowledge of Sandia's facility and operational policies, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and environmental impacts affecting facility management and operations.
- Ability to exercise initiative as well as the acumen to manage and complete multiple priorities.
- Ability to clearly communicate the status of policies, reports, decisions and deliverables.
- Experience in a Building Management area, or equivalent education/training.
- Knowledge and experience in database management, Microsoft Office products, particularly EXCEL.
- Experience in leading dynamic teams with matrixed personnel to support complex operations, maintenance, and/or project activities.
- Experience negotiating and writing technical documents and agreements (i.e. operating agreements, contracts, Facility Use Permits) with customers.
Provides construction services for line customers and engineering for Facilities Management & Operations Center.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT