Sandia National Laboratories Facilities Engineering Project Manager (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves challenging issues for nation's security?
We are seeking a project manager to join our facilities engineering team. You will play an integral role in the success of the partnership between the IT and Facilities teams.
On any given day, you will be asked to contribute using the following methodology:
- Set the strategic vision for Facilities Information Technology and Management (IT) products and resources ensuring it supports the Facilities vision, mission, and goals
- Lead development of the Facilities IT Strategic Plan and the Annual IT Implementation Plan
- Interpret Corporate IT Policy requirements and establish and ensure compliance
- Identify and handle Facilities IT risks
- Participate in the development and deployment of IT Training program
- Coordinate all Information Management and Information Technology operations matters across the Facilities organizations
- Act on Significant Performance Issues and engage management
- Establish and maintain Customer satisfaction with IT services
- Ensure a clear and sustaining support system is in place by the IT Partner to manage production systems.
- On behalf of Facilities customers, work with our IT partner and verify a clearly understood and consistent system is implemented across the portfolio of products
- Oversee the prioritization of all work requests
- Coordinate the review of all IT Requests with the potential to impact process design principles with the cognizant Process Coordinator (PC) prior to approving the request: Process Performance Principles include a) Enhance Easy-to-Do-Business-With b) Improve C-Sat, E-Sat c) Improve Efficiency, d) Improve Service Cost, Schedule, and Quality
- Manage various other (non-project) IT Requests including providing customers with Help in Finding an IT Product or Process Solution; Correcting a Software Issue or Deficiency; Providing a Software License or License to a Significant Software Upgrade; Develop Web-Based IT Tools and Job Aids
- Draft Level-of-Effort scope description, including requesting funding from management if needed, to fully scope and comprehend the Request
- Use the IT Strategic and Annual Plan to identify projects for implementation and those needing authorization with Facilities management
- With help from the IT Supplier, develop project requirements to include customer and project scope, cost, schedule, and quality; review and finalize requirements with project partners, including the Facilities Process Coordinators
- Representing the project partner, ensure the IT development process is clearly defined, understood, and implemented (being differentiated from the ITIL sustaining support model)
- Hold project progress reviews with the Customer and Partners; additionally, report project status to Facilities Management and the Process Coordinators
- Ensure project work is coordinated with all necessary parties
- Control and run changes to contractual scope and schedule
- Prioritize and lead multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate with IT to provide solutions to issues in a timely manner
- Provide feedback on process inefficiencies, barriers and improvement opportunities
- Analyze and Report Performance of Facilities IT program
- Establish measures and perform self-assessments to ensure compliance with Facilities process PCS.022
- Handle Information Technology (IT) Requests
- Support any investigations, audits, and/or occurrences
- Provide input to the monthly managers meeting agenda
- Support the Quarterly Review meeting
- Assist with communicating significant IT initiatives and accomplishments
- Participate on IT committees and get along with IT to plan, develop, implement, and maintain Facilities information assets and supporting infrastructure
- Support the Process Coordinators to find opportunities to automate process with technologies that improve work efficiencies and mission support
- You hold a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems (MIS); equivalent combination of education and related experience may also be considered
- You possess 5 or more years' experience in developing and leading information systems with demonstrated ability to operate within a team-based process driven environment, in addition to the education requirements above
- You can obtain a DOE clearance
- Ability to lead, coordinate, and prioritize work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, plus strong written and oral communication skills.
- Cyber Security, Systems Administration
- Possess extensive, authoritative knowledge and deep experience in multiple specialized domains of information systems
- Familiar with Sandia corporate IT tools, and how the tools may be used to contribute to business operations
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Process Management experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Current DOE clearance
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.