Sandia National Laboratories Experienced Research Staff in Data Analytics or Machine Learning in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an outstanding research scientist or engineer experienced in data analytics or machine learning and motivated to make significant contributions to computer science or computational science research as part of our broad-based and diverse computing organization. This outstanding individual will focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Exploratory/predictive data analytics
- High-performance data analytics (e.g., scalable data analytics/machine learning)
- Scientific Machine Learning for Multi-scale/multi-physics applications and numerical methods
- Cognitive science (modeling, autonomy, neuroscience, neuromorphic computing)
Mathematical foundations of machine learning
Are you passionate about applying ground breaking data analysis or machine learning techniques to address national computing needs in energy, climate, and national security? On any given day, you may:
Conduct research and development to impact physics-based or data-centric applications
- Collaborate with a diverse team of dedicated, multidisciplinary researchers to conceive state-of-the-art techniques and develop software to support the DOE mission
- Brief program managers on project proposals or status to develop and maintain program funding
- Collaborate with management on charting strategic research directions
Collaborate with team members on journal and/or competitive conference publications and conference presentations, as well as participating in scientific conferences
The Computer Science Research Institute is committed to nurturing a culture compatible with a broad group of people and perspectives in accordance with the changing makeup of the workforce. In support of this vision, CSRI actively recruits applicants from diverse backgrounds and fosters an inclusive community. Join our team and make a difference! Sandia Job Title: R&D Computer Science
- PhD in data science, applied mathematics, engineering, computer science, statistics, or physical science. Alternatively, you have a PhD. in a related field with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM).
- Five or more years of research experience in data science/ML after your doctoral degree.
- Possess an advanced computer programming experience.
- Your research experience includes machine learning and data analytics.
- A proven record of publication of results in peer-reviewed journals or competitive peer-reviewed conferences.
- You have ten years of research experience in data science/ML after your doctoral degree.
- Experience attracting, recruiting, supervising, and mentoring students, post-docs, and early-career researchers.
- A dedication to encouraging an inclusive culture, as demonstrated in your application materials.
- A proven record of sponsored research and experience in leading interdisciplinary research teams.
- You have experience using advanced architectures (e.g., GPUs, FPGAs, or SoCs) for simulation, data analysis, or machine learning.
- Research experience in exploratory/predictive data analytics, multi-scale/multi-physics simulations, high-performance data analytics, numerical methods, or cognitive science.
- You have expertise in scientific programming for high performance parallel computing, including expertise with MPI-based parallel programming.
- An expertise with data analytics/ML programming software tools (e.g. Python, R, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc., or tools you have developed)
The Computer Science Research Institute (CSRI) at Sandia crafts technology and solutions for many of our nation's most demanding national security challenges, using state-of-the art computing facilities to address these challenges. Our portfolio spans the spectrum from fundamental research to state-of-the art applications. CSRI plays a large and growing role in the US and international community in the exploration, adaptation, adoption, development, deployment and dissemination of innovations for computer science and computational science/engineering.
The Albuquerque, New Mexico location offers a variety of nearby cultural and outdoor activities. Excellent compensation and benefits are available: the organization Family Friendly New Mexico recently named Sandia a 2020 Family Friendly Business at the platinum level, its highest designation! The Livermore, CA location is in proximity to the innumerable cultural opportunities of the Bay Area. Sandia’s dynamic and flexible work environment and surrounding areas support family friendly activities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.