Sandia National Laboratories Engineering Support Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Engineering Support Technologist to contribute to a variety of projects associated with fielded Use Control equipment and coded switches.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Conduct fabrication and testing of prototype hardware
- Conduct analog and digital electronic troubleshooting in support of Significant Finding Investigations (SFIs)
- Conduct typical lab support such as soldering, bench-top hardware design and fabrication, and the operation of test equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, power supplies, logic analyzers, signal processors, multimeters, and temperature chambers)
- Provide field support for the National Security Agency’s special security program for use control equipment, supporting dismantlement and destruction of legacy Use Control equipment, and supporting the resolution of Unsatisfactory Reports (URs)
The successful candidate will interact with various SNL organizations including weapon systems, components, and surveillance/WETL and various external organizations including the NSA and Kansas City/Pantex Plants.
This job will require occasional travel.
- High school diploma plus five or more years of directly related experience
- Troubleshooting (electronic forensics) experience and use of laboratory test equipment
- Experience with fabrication of prototype/test hardware
- Nuclear weapon development and production
- Experience with analog/digital circuit design, test, and analysis
- Associates degree in related technical discipline
- NW Use Control
- Excellent teaming and communication (oral and written) skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities on a diverse range of projects
- Active US DOE Q security clearance
The Surety Electronics Department (Organization 2244) believes that we should be able to go to sleep at night with the knowledge that we are SAFE from our weapons being used against us, and the, if ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, we could use our weapons to defend ourselves. The way we ensure we can sleep comfortable at night is by designing electrical components that assure authorized use of our nuclear weapon systems, and assure against deliberate unauthorized use of our nuclear weapon systems. We build high functioning and reliable components that are designed to perform on day 10,950 as they did on day 1.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT