Sandia National Laboratories Engineering Support Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Engineering Support Technologist You will be part of our thermal battery production team.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Utilize strong attention to detail as well as the skills and flexibility to learn and execute thermal battery build activities, which can include powder processing, battery wrapping, welding, inspection activities, and providing build documentation. We work in a team environment with a majority of the work being done in a dry room and has a blend of build and R&D activities
- Associate’s degree or higher in a relevant science, engineering, or technology discipline or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education
- Experience with development or manufacture of thermal batteries
- Examples of written documentation (e.g., work planning and control documents, lab operating procedures, test plans, or memos and reports)
- Experience with troubleshooting systems, processes, and hardware
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Active DOE Q-level security clearance
The Power Source Production Department has two major tasks. The first is the production of power sources, such as thermal batteries, for the Sandia External Production program. These power sources must meet stringent quality control requirements as well as rigorous test requirements to be shipped for use on Defense Programs (DP). Our second task includes the design, development, assembly and maintenance of various testers for the Power Source Technology Group's components and other products. We carry out tests for both DP and Strategic Partnership Project customers as well.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.