Sandia National Laboratories Engineering Program/Project Lead (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Are you passionate about building high functioning, inter-disciplinary collaborative teams to achieve mission success? Are you passionate about maturing leading edge technologies to impact our mission? Do you want to join a dynamic organization that shoulders crucial responsibilities for our Nation’s security? If so, you can join our team!
We are seeking a highly motivated Engineering Program/Project Lead with excellent project management and oral/written communication skills to be part of the Product Definition Tools and Resources department 2479.
The selected candidate will lead a contractor-based IT team to provide hardware, software, and server support to Nuclear Deterrence Design Engineering. You will use sound project management principles with a focus on developing requirements; tracking schedule, cost, accomplishments, risk and performance; reporting status; conducting change request analysis; developing documentation and representing Sandia as the customer interface to external support companies.
On any given day, the selected applicant will be asked to:
- Use technical and project management knowledge to lead support for Computer Aided Design (CAD) infrastructure for 300 staff in the Design Engineering Group. These projects require coordination with both internal technical specialists from other centers and external vendors, organizing and leading multi-functional teams.
- Perform the full lifecycle management of hardware, software licensing, servers, and associated components and subsystems.
- Apply systematic, disciplined, and quantifiable technical and life cycle management techniques and processes to deliver IT solutions for Design Engineering requirements and needs.
- Collaborate with customers, suppliers, and other domain specialists such as hardware, networking, software and support personnel in the development and integration of new software and hardware systems solutions.
- Work with other groups at Sandia to ensure proper network and cyber security integration
- Translate business needs into technical solutions through reasoned application of information technology
- Work with customers, internal partners, and other project leads to ensure that resources are available to accomplish the work, identify procurement and contracting needs, and marshal resources to complete project work within the scope, schedules, and budgets defined in work package agreements.
Associate degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience (No degree + 4 years related experience)
Experience as an IT team contributor on science or engineering projects
- Experience working with external vendors for general software license management and hardware needs.
- Active DOE Q clearance.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience with the procurement process and physical security
- Experience as Cyber Security Representative, the CNARS software process, authorized transfer points, VDI, diskless and related computer requirements
- Experience managing site facilities and contractor clearances
The Product Definition Tools and Resources department enables an agile and responsive nuclear deterrent through the delivery of common configuration management tools that combine industry standard methodologies, modern applications, and ND-specific requirements to assure consistent and high-quality engineering product definition. The department focuses on the delivery, support and continuous improvement of tools and processes necessary to design, produce and sustain nuclear deterrent related products. We are experts in Product Definition, PDMLink, Creo, CAD HW and SW Management, CAD Library, and 3D polymer printing.
Our team is committed to nurturing a culture compatible with a broad group of people and perspectives in accordance with the changing makeup of the workforce. In support of this vision, our center actively recruits applicants from diverse groups of backgrounds and fosters an inclusive community.
Join us and work towards your goals while making a difference!
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start, or equivalent active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD). Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.