Sandia National Laboratories Engineering Program Project Lead (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a team-oriented Engineering Program/Project Lead, to be part of the newly formed Science and Engineering Management Group (9120). This organization provides support for and advocacy of best engineering practices and solutions to our mission delivery divisions. This requisition will fill a position in either Org. 9125 or Org. 9126.
The Program/Project Lead will direct, plan and deliver solutions that support a consistent mission assurance engineering system for Sandia’s technical programs. This includes the implementation of supporting tools and approaches that enable our customers to achieve mission success.
This position provides the opportunity to further a rigorous mission assurance ethic across Sandia by the development of a strategic and disciplined approach to the integrated application of systems engineering, quality management, and program/project management. This will be done by building upon existing frameworks and industry-standard techniques, combined with lessons learned/causal analyses from previous technical programs/projects and product lifecycles.
- Bachelor degree in engineering/operations/management/business or other relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- A minimum of five years of experience in technical project leadership, technical project management and execution, and delivery of large, complex systems while meeting project cost, schedule, and performance
- A current and active DOE Q security clearance
- Current PMP certification or equivalent certification
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and/or ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated teaming skills, including the ability to work effectively with leadership at multiple levels, customers, other organizations, and technical leads
- Demonstrated ability to create technical roadmaps and execute against them
- Demonstrated experience in technical management processes: lifecycle management, requirements engineering, configuration management, risk management, verification and validation, etc.
- Experience in creating processes, developing and instantiating tools to optimize technical management of science and engineering projects
- Experience with or a working understanding of quality processes, methodologies and approaches to deliver products and services, such as: INCOSE, AS9100, ISO, CMMI, DAU, CMII, and Agile (SCRUM)
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills, including an ability to succinctly explain complex technical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse security and classification requirements
- Ability to obtain and maintain US DOE SCI access, which may require a polygraph test
Organization 9126 develops approaches grounded in solid principles of systems science and systems engineering to deploy the Mission Assurance Engineering System (MAES). This department will have a cadre of Systems Engineering, Eng. Program Management and Quality Engineering SMEs that are skilled to matrix and collaborate with the Mission Deliveries scientific and/or engineering technical programs/projects. They will actively collaborate/partner on mission delivery engineering teams and help establish technical roadmaps that support the program/project requirements and deliverables.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Meaningful work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.