Sandia National Laboratories Emergency Management Dispatch Telecommunicator (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Emergency Management Dispatch Telecommunicator to join a team implementing emergency response to protect our employees, the public and the environment while supporting our mission success in the interest of National Security. Are you passionate about emergency management by providing prompt, efficient, and professional emergency response? Do you dream of executing your experience in emergency preparedness and operations? If so, you will want to consider applying for this opportunity.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide both emergency (9-1-1) and non-emergency services.
- Serve as the primary contact for the Sandia workforce serving as the 3-1-1 information line which disseminates an array of workforce questions and is the primary reporting specialist for documenting safety and security related incidents that affect Sandia employees and property both on and off any of the campuses.
- Participate in annual drills and exercises, demonstrating the department’s strengths as a leader in emergency preparedness and operations.
- High School Diploma plus one (1) or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience operating 9-1-1 systems, emergency and non-emergency call processing and/or emergency dispatch.
- Experience operating communications equipment such as base station radios, hand-held radios, headsets and/or multi-line phone systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with common office software and required software for specialized functions, organizations and programs.
- Emergency Medical Dispatch Certification
- CPR Certification
- Intermediate knowledge of the principles used in operating 9-1-1 systems, emergency and non-emergency call processing and emergency dispatch.
- Knowledge and experience operating computer aided dispatch systems (CAD) and mass notification system programs.
Emergency Management supports the corporate SNL mission by providing our customers with safe, prompt, courteous, efficient, and professional emergency response to fire-related, hazardous materials, confined space, wildland fires, medical emergencies, and non-emergency response to protect the workers, the public, the environment, supporting mission success in the interest of National Security with professionals who are committed to our Shared Values.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.