Sandia National Laboratories Electronics Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that helps tackle some the most challenging issues facing our nation's security?
Inertial Systems and Avionics Dept. (5325) is looking for an electromechanical technologist with experience or interest in participating in integration and test activities. The type of work serves two business areas – iWFO and NW. Some technical work can be of a prototype nature, which leads to quick-response deliverables for customers. Other work can contain more rigor, design constraints and extended levels of testing. The newly hired technologist will participate in both types. The individual should also be willing to share ideas and enhance the engineering team’s capabilities. The individual must be a versatile team player, have strong initiative, be willing to multitask, and accept new technical challenges. The position presents the opportunity for continued professional growth in the area of design and development for advanced electrical systems.
- You have an Associate Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technology.
- Your experience includes over 3 years experience using bench test equipment. Plus over 3 years of experience in applying electronic mechanical fabrication skill set to building/reworking cable, printed circuit boards, enclosures and chassis.
- You have initiative to explore COTS solutions as part of system development and the discipline to document work.
- You possess the willingness to learn how to operate custom system testers and have the ability to apply multiple ideas to problems that are ill-defined and dynamic.
Ideally, your background will also include some of the following:
- Your experience includes field testing and electronics troubleshooting experience.
- You have insight into mechanical design software package (CAD, Pro-E SolidWorks)
We develop inertial systems and avionics for a myriad of high-reliability government systems.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov *These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.