Sandia National Laboratories ECAD Drafting Librarian (Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technologist to maintain our libraries of electrical components.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Manage and maintain the ECAD library database.
- Verify, validate and troubleshoot the component library parts.
- Define and document optimized procedures for use of ECAD library and manage updates.
- Assist with user support of the ECAD tools, procedures, workflows, and change process.
- Maintenance and management to address component duplication and component obsolescence within the ECAD library.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You may be interviewed and/or hired into one of several organizations at Sandia
- Associate's degree in Electronics, Electrical Design or related field and two years of relevant experience; or high school diploma and six years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in library part creation and management.
- Experience using computer aided design software for electrical circuits
- Familiarity with industry and Mil spec standards.
- Expertise in researching and interpreting vendor datasheets to create symbols and footprints.
- Strong desire to be involved in product design and development.
- IPC certification.
- Demonstrated experience using Mentor Graphics Expedition tool suite
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of configuration management principles.
- Motivated team member who readily accepts and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven record of demonstrating initiative and getting results.
- Active DOE Q-Level Security Clearance.
Electrical Design Department is responsible for providing knowledgeable and capable resources to develop and create Electrical Computer Aided Design (ECAD) product definition for Nuclear Weapons (NW) and Strategic Partnership Projects (SPP) programs. The department's unique capabilities include design capture and physical layout of Printed Circuit Boards for both the analog and digital regimes, multi-chip modules using Low Temperature Co-Fired Ceramic Technology (LTCC), Flex and Rigid Flex Cables and Printed Circuit Boards; and, interacting with vendors to procure quick turn prototype circuit boards.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.