Sandia National Laboratories Database Support Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Calibration and Maintenance Team is seeking a Maximo Database Support Technologist to join our dynamic group. We are an Approved Calibration Provider (ACP) and maintenance provider for the Neutron Generator Enterprise (NGE). We calibrate and maintain production equipment and testers that support the NGE mission of providing neutron sources for national security. The team provides services, including onsite calibration, predictive and preventative maintenance, and all aspects of corrective maintenance. We also provide support to our customers by managing their inventory and logistics needs related to calibrated tooling and equipment.
In this position you will become a Maximo subject-matter-expert for the team and you will also include providing Maximo technical support for our customers. Additionally, the ability to develop and maintain custom reports and computer-based dashboards for our customers to fully utilize the data available in Maximo is a critical aspect of this position. Another facet of this position will involve you developing training documentation and training sessions in the use of Maximo by our customers and our team members,
You should be ready to work in a high rigor, driven production environment and be able to prioritize and execute their work with limited direction. It is essential for you to be able to work productively and harmoniously with their peers and to demonstrate behaviors that are aligned with Sandia’s core values.
- Associate or higher degree in a related field plus two or more years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience managing data bases such as Maximo
- Experience crafting training documentation and in conducting training sessions
- Active DOE security clearance
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- Advanced experience in Maximo database administration.
- Advanced experience in building custom Maximo reports.
- Advanced experience in crafting and maintaining dashboard sites.
- An active DOE Q-Level security clearance.
The Calibration & Maintenance Team is an approved calibration and maintenance provider for the Neutron Generator Enterprise (NGE). This team is responsible for the calibration and maintenance of equipment that supports the NGE mission of providing neutron sources for national security. It is also the responsibility of the Calibration and Maintenance Team to provide efficient and timely services which include onsite calibration, predictive and preventative maintenance, and all aspects of corrective maintenance.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted L-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT