Sandia National Laboratories Cybersecurity (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking cybersecurity professionals who are curious about systems and how they really work under the hood to join hardworking, high-energy teams that are analyzing non-traditional cyber systems for vulnerabilities and threats. If so, you will want to apply for this opportunity to join Sandia's outstanding multidisciplinary team committed to solving the information security challenges facing our nation. As part of our team, you may engage in work across the technology spectrum spanning embedded, mobile, desktop, and enterprise systems, as well as globally connected networks.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Complete vulnerability assessments on embedded systems, control systems, mobile devices, IoT devices, or other non-traditional information systems
- Manual and automated reverse engineering, vulnerability assessment, and malware analysis
- Intrusion prevention/detection and response, penetration testing, and forensics
- Reverse engineer software applications, operating systems, device drivers, or compilers
- Develop code for Real-time operating systems (RTOS) and embedded systems
- Conceptualize, propose, and execute high-risk, multi-year research and development thrusts
- Collaborate, teach, and mentor fellow researchers
- Collaborate with external organizations in academia, industry, and government
- Occasionally travel domestically to support current efforts and identify new opportunities for growing our capabilities and impact
- Master's degree in related field plus 2 years’ experience; or a Doctorate in a related field; or Bachelor’s in a related subject area plus 6 years’ experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, or Cyber Security; equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Experience with at least one assembly language
- Ability to acquire DOE Q security clearance
- Ability to acquire SCI Clearance
- Experience in one or more of the following: reverse engineering; vulnerability assessment; malware analysis.
- Experience with embedded or operating system programming, and application layer programming
- Experience conducting research resulting in creative technical solutions
- Experience in reverse engineering, malware analysis, formal methods, deciphering known and unknown file formats, data structures, and network protocols
- Experience using analysis, reverse engineering, and debugging tools
- Experience auditing source code in C, C++, assembly, or other languages
- Capture-the-flag (CTF) experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with secure-system design principles and information assurance principles
- Well-developed leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a disciplined and focused manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to explain complex ideas clearly and concisely (technical documentation writing samples may be requested)
- Experience managing projects and doing external program development
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines on a variety of activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Active DOE Q security clearance, Active SCI Clearance.
Sandia’s cybersecurity specialists are key contributors in addressing the country’s most pressing national security needs. The mission of the Information Operations Center is to assess, design, implement and influence the development of national security-related information systems and technologies in support of Defense and Intelligence customers and their national security missions. The Information Operations center consists of approximately 200 R&D technical staff working in most of the subdomains encompassed by the term “cybersecurity”.
Sandia is a world-class leader in cybersecurity. Today, cybersecurity is a daunting national security problem, and we're applying decades of expertise to the task. As the most networked nation on earth, the United States is extremely vulnerable. Through technology and analysis, center 5600 helps secure the nation's critical energy and communications infrastructures against natural and malicious disruption. We assess physical and cyber vulnerabilities and conduct large-scale analyses to understand infrastructure interdependencies and guide efforts to improve resiliency. We develop technologies for preventing disruption and enhancing recovery in vital cyber systems. 5620 works to model, simulation, and assess Cyber-Physical systems.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov *These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance and SCI access, both of which require US citizenship. SCI access may also require a polygraph examination. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain these levels of access may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.