Sandia National Laboratories Cyber / Information Assurance Specialist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a full-time information assurance specialist(s) to work with IT implementers and Sandia Labs mission areas to ensure cyber security controls are appropriately defined and implemented.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform Cyber Security assessments of security plans at SNL’s main Albuquerque campus as well as remote sites.
- Aid in the creation of new and the reaccreditation of existing cyber security plans.
- Determine security requirement gaps and providing recommendations or mitigations for addressing the gaps.
- Work closely with our Information Security Site Manager (ISSM), Information System Security Officers (ISSOs) and system administrators to provide interpretation of NIST/CNSSI requirements and guidelines along with validation testing.
- Work with the above personnel in the creation of Enterprise Control Libraries (common controls).
The qualified candidate(s) must have the ability to obtain and maintain an active US DOE Q security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test. Candidates applying to this requisition may be interviewed and/or hired into one of several organizations at Sandia National Laboratories.
- Requires bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Assurance, or relevant discipline plus five or more years experience; or master's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Assurance plus two or more years experience.
- Previous experience with information systems and application of security controls.
- Current or recent (within 5 years) DOE Q or DOD TS security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOE Q and TS-SCI clearances.
- Experience working with a federal cyber security program.
- Active or recent TS/SCI security clearance.
- Prior experience performing cyber security assessments.
- Knowledge and experience of government (e.g. DOE/NNSA, DOD, CIA) cyber security orders and policies; relevant federal and private standards and requirements (e.g., NIST, ISO, CNSS, STIGS) Cyber certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, Security+, CEH).
- Prior system administration experience, to include a thorough understanding of common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, and Mac) and networking architectures.
- Prior experience as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
- Thorough understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) as documented in various NIST publications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The FIE Cyber Security Departments (5195, 5197) manage, facilitate, and support all elements of cyber security and information assurance for the Sandia FIE and Intelligence Community (IC) programs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a SCI security clearance.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT