Sandia National Laboratories Cyber Assurance Architect (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a creative, forward thinking IT professional! If you are passionate about Cyber Security and related technologies, then this may be the job for you! Sandia's CIO Portfolio Management Office is looking for an experienced Cyber Assurance Architect to join our dynamic team!
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform Cyber Security assessments of security plans at SNL’s main Albuquerque campus.
- Aid in the creation of new and the re-accreditation of existing cyber security plans and architectural decisions.
- You will be figuring out security requirement gaps and providing recommendations or mitigations for addressing the gaps.
- Work closely with our Information Security Site Manager (ISSM), Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Privacy Officer (CPO), Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs) and system administrators to provide interpretation of NIST requirements, security assessments, guidelines and validation.
- Function as an approving agent for External IT Service Providers and Cloud Service Providers.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, deliverables, and work breakdown structure.
- Lead the vulnerable/obsolete software review cycle and minimize Sandia’s risk footprint.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems Security, Cybersecurity, or relevant discipline plus five or more years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One or more industry standard cybersecurity certificates (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, OSCP).
- Tool experience including: Splunk, Metaspliot, Ansible.
- System architecture experience, to include a deep understanding of systems architectures (e.g. Windows, Linux, and Mac) and networking architectures.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience as a security engineer, information systems security officer (ISSO), or information systems security manager (ISSM).
- Deep understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) as documented in various NIST publications.
- Strong understanding of Cloud technologies and security methodologies.
- Active DOE Q level security clearance required to start.
- Experience working with a federal cyber security program.
- Experience performing cyber security assessments.
- Knowledge and experience of government cyber security orders and policies; relevant federal and private standards and requirements (e.g., NIST, ISO, CNSS, STIGS).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The CIO Strategies and Architecture department is responsible for facilitating and leading the strategic vision for Sandia's information environment and information technology (IT) assets and producing the 3 year IT Strategic Roadmap. We conduct performance monitoring of our IT Portfolio of Record by reviewing our milestone progress towards aligning our resources, systems and employees to strategic objectives and priorities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.