Sandia National Laboratories Corporate Regional Security Officer (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves challenging issues for our nation's security? If so, you could be the International Security Professional we are seeking to join Sandia’s National Laboratories dynamic International Security and Risks Management Department.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide intelligence analysis to international travelers regarding worldwide security threats.
- Utilize experience and expertise to provide appropriate security mitigations and planning to best support Sandia employees traveling internationally.
- Be prepared to respond immediately to dynamic conditions with a variety of different threat levels.
- Make recommendations for secure transportation and accommodations.
- Conduct occasional security advances to foreign countries.
- Provide detailed security analysis and recommendations to help mitigate risk to travelers in overseas environments.
- Communicate with high-level U.S. Government officials and/or Sandia Executive Leadership regarding international safety and security.
- Develop policies, procedures, and tools to facilitate the applications and implementation of requirements to mitigate corporate risks associated with the safety and security of employees.
- Conduct, lead, and manage security-related training for Sandia employees.
- Willingness to be available 24/7 365 for emergency support.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline plus five (5) or more years of experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 10 or more years’ experience in specialized international security roles as a member of the U.S. intelligence community, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Special Operations Forces, U.S. Diplomatic Security Service, Corporate Global Security, or any other relevant security role that blends intelligence and risk-mitigation operations.
- Demonstrated experience assessing risks to U.S. personnel and interests in other countries and taking measures to provide for the duty-of-care for travelers to those countries.
- Specialized training and expertise pertaining to security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with high-level personnel at a moment’s notice.
- Experience in leading security and/or tactical operations overseas.
- Deep knowledge of different cultures, customs, and courtesies.
- Foreign language skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and mapping.
- Experience in developing programs and implementing new policies and procedures.
- International travel experience working in country with Embassy personnel.
The International Security and Risk Management Department mitigates security risks through three security functions. International Security Operations (ISO) supports international travelers before and during travel with a variety of risk mitigating activities and capabilities. The Foreign Interactions Office is responsible for ensuring that foreign nationals have been appropriately vetted and approved in accordance with DOE and SNL policies prior to accessing Sandia facilities or information. Contract Security Management (CSM) is responsible for advising and assisting subcontractor companies through the facility clearance process and evaluating if a facility is under Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence to such a degree that the granting of a facility clearance would be inconsistent with the national interest.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.