Sandia National Laboratories Computing Infrastructure Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Primary Architect for the design and operations of Sandia’s Telecommunications Wiring Infrastructures. Detailed knowledge and experience in the design, installation, operations & maintenance, measurement, and testing of wired (copper and fiber optic) communication infrastructure systems including the duct-bank & manhole distribution systems.
- Primary responsibilities include working with Sandia’s Network and the Corporate Computing Infrastructure architects, to direct design and implementation of Sandia’s Corporate Data Center infrastructures for both New Mexico and California.
- Detailed knowledge of existing telecommunications construction wiring standards for copper and fiber optic infrastructures and how these standards are applied to Sandia’s complex production and high-performance computing communication infrastructures.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and safely complete complex integrated IT system installations. Possess the knowledge, experience, and the ability to strategically position Sandia’s telecommunications infrastructure plant to accept future technology developments in the telecommunications industry.
- Sandia’s technical interface to NNSA/SFO in complying with and managing infrastructure operations relative to DOE’s TEMPEST & classified infrastructure requirements. This responsibility includes developing & mentoring staff that will certify (via test procedures) that Sandia is meeting all Telecommunications Security requirements.
- Detailed knowledge and experience relative to electrical power distribution system design (high & low voltage), HVAC environmental control systems, and day-to-day operations and safety issues especially in raised-floor computational spaces.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in decision-making, possess strong teaming abilities, possess strong interpersonal skills, have the ability to effectively coordinate staff & material resources, manage complex technical projects, and the ability to demonstrate “value-of-contribution” toward Center 10700’s mission, programs, objectives, and projects. Possess strong communication skills and the ability to provide a high level of customer satisfaction for the services provided.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead large diverse teams of Sandia and contractor staff, set technical direction for our services, set requirements for our contractor staff, and manage operational issues related with maintaining and improving the performance and capabilities of our services. Candidate must possess the ability to understand the scope of work being performed and communicate effectively with craftsmen & contract personnel to provide oversight and the evaluation of safe working conditions.
- A strong operations background in safety, security, project management (including budget, schedule, performance and costing), and DOE regulatory compliance for these activities.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent;
higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant discipline; or
- experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Minimum of at least 2 years of relevant experience.
The Corporate Computing Infrastructure & Support Department is responsible for Technical Computing operations, Secure Communications operations, Enterprise Computing production support and operations, Plant Infrastructure support, Wireless Radio operations, and Voice Mail(SVIS).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, disability, or veteran status.