Sandia National Laboratories Computing Infrastructure Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Department 10777 has openings for entry to mid-level IT infrastructure professionals. Working in a team setting, the selected candidate(s) will deliver IT services within one or several IT service areas, depending on experience and interest.
On any given day, you may be called upon to configure, troubleshoot, perform incident/service request, as well as, provide other service for any of the following:
- Windows Server Configuration Management & System Administration
- Linux Server Configuration Management & System Administration (RHEL, Oracle Linux, or Ubuntu)
- Proxy & Application Delivery Controller Services
- Firewall & VPN Services
- IT Service Management for Enterprise Linux Services
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent: higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant discipline; or experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance.
- Knowledge and experience with administration and management of servers and storage systems that provide enterprise-wide services, preferably in Microsoft, VMware and Linux environments
- Familiarity with the application and management of databases.
- Knowledge and application of SSL Certification principles.
- Experience with proxy infrastructure or policies.
- Experience configuring firewall rules.
- ITIL Foundations or higher certification.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to develop and nurture effective relationships internal and external to the organization.
Provide state-of-the-art infrastructure computing systems for the laboratory at benchmark efficiency while ensuring the highest reliability and enterprise utility. Services include infrastructure tools for application support, communications, and need-to-know authorization as well as computing resources which can be accessed, shared and utilized from anywhere on the internal, external and classified networks.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.