Sandia National Laboratories Computer Software Engineering Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves significant issues for our nation's security?
A staff position exists for a high-quality individual to join the System Integration and Verification team as a requirements translator to develop behavior-based test plans to support test-driven development and verification of software applications for a large satellite program ground system.
As a member of this team, you will share responsibility for understanding system requirements, understanding the overall system architecture and how the various subsystems work together, write GHERKIN tests for the development teams to implement, and gather metrics to assess system performance.
The position requires learning or experience using the IBM JAZZ tool set to produce requirement verification plans and reports. You will work as a developer on an Agile scrum team and interface with various scrum teams executing under the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- You have experience in testing large complex engineering systems
- Experience interpreting formal requirements
- BS degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering or systems engineering
- You possess strong communication skills
- An ability to work on a large Agile project
- You have organizational and time management skills
- Command line experience in a Red Hat Linux environment
- Experience with software development and deployment in a cloud environment
- Agile and SAFe experience
- Experience with GIT, Rally, Jenkins, GHERKIN, Cucumber
- Experience with IBM JAZZ tools (Doors NG, RQM)
- Experience with relevant application domains (sensor systems, satellite ground systems, optical systems, command and control systems). Also experience with large, complex scientific and technical application development
Organization 06333 has system engineering and system integration and test responsibilities for large, cloud based information technology system which is being developed to support high consequence national assets which support nonproliferation and national security missions. Our systems are targeted for a range of applications and complexity, including remote and in-situ sensing systems, satellite communications and control, distributed computing and analysis, and real-time data collection, management, exploitation and dissemination.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.