Sandia National Laboratories Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technologist (Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technologist
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Collaborate with a mentor or technical lead to create and modify models and drawings while incorporating GD&T tolerancing schemes
- Engage to understand appropriate part defining definition methods to use
- Learn and effectively apply Sandia National Laboratories’ product definition requirements
- Update models and drawings per engineering change orders.
Applicants on this job may be interviewed and/or hired into one of several organizations at Sandia National Laboratories
- Associate's degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or other relevant degree
- Five years of relevant experience
- Experience using solid modeling application software
- Understanding of fundamental design principles that apply to product design and manufacturing.
- Experience using Pro/ENGINEER solid modeling application software.
- Understanding the fundamentals of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven record of demonstrating initiative and getting results.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
Sandia’s Design Engineering Group (2270) consists of ten design departments who employ experts in CAD and product definition standards as they transform product concepts into innovative engineered solutions. Our mission is to (1) Partner with engineering customers to design concepts and model viable solutions, (2) Provide stewardship of product definition throughout its life cycle, and (3) Provide a positive work and learning environment in which staff can master skills, deliver optimal value, and achieve career goal.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.