Sandia National Laboratories Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technologist to support the Product Definition Tools and Resources department. The CAD technologists in this department work mainly in the Parts Library verification/modernization area and support the ND design community and assisting programs/other customers with their designs to ensure they meet mission standards.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Mentor less-experienced staff and provide guidance in CAD related technical areas.
- Support engineering and design staff to answer and/or resolve PTC CAD application matters.
- Support PDMLink/Creo integration matters in regards to expertise, trouble shooting, and issue resolution.
- Test, configure, and deploy PTC CAD applications and associated libraries.
- Associate's degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or other relevant discipline
- Experience using Creo (Pro/ENGINEER) solid-modeling application software
- Four years relevant experience related to an engineering or scientific environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills, both oral and written within a technical setting.
- Experience in applying fundamental design principles that relate to product design and manufacturing.
- Experience in working with system, subsystem, or component design to support a major project or program.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or inspection, as it applies to product drawing definition and module design.
- Experience in applying Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) to engineering drawings.
- Experience using Windchill PDMLink and other configuration management tools.
- Established proven track record of demonstrating initiative and obtaining results.
- Owning a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Active DOE Q-Level Security Clearance
The Product Definition Tools and Resources organization delivers common configuration management tools and resources that demonstrate industry standard methodologies, modern applications, and NW-specific requirements and standard methodologies to assure consistent and high-quality engineering product definition to Sandia design/engineering staff. This department also provides Sandia's largest 3D printing capability in polymers.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, disability, or veteran status.