Sandia National Laboratories Communications Technologist (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
For Sandia internal applicants, this is a backfill position and this position is promotion eligible.
We are seeking a Communications Technologist (Experienced) to join our team in Albuquerque!
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Utilizing your excellent IT customer service skills, install, modify, test and service internal and in-house data communications network equipment and related systems including audiovisual and video production systems
- Assist in recommending improvements and developing technical standards
- Operate under high pressure situations while resolving real-time problems
- Set up conference calls for customers and/or provide assistance with a meeting
- Provide remote assistance for customers having issues with systems and/or networks
- Troubleshoot systems and provide maintenance when necessary
- High school diploma plus 3 or more years of directly related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level clearance
- Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.
Videoconferencing experience in the following:
- Technical understanding and experience with technical components
- Experience with IT customer service
- System support with emphasis on multi-point bridge services for audio and videoconferencing in a multi-vendor environment
- Skype and/or Teams systems
- Digital Media streaming/archiving
- Troubleshooting, installing, and integrating video and audio for videoconferencing
- Experience with LAN/WAN technologies
- Strong customer service background
The Videoconference & Collaborative Technologies (VACT) team provide consulting, videoconference and collaboration support to deliver a reliable interactive communication capability that enables Sandians to effectively share ideas, concepts and information. These services include: videoconference event coordination and live event set-up assistance, conference room equipment maintenance and management, conference room design and integration, & collaborative environments development.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.