Sandia National Laboratories Clinical Psychologist in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This job posting is at the Member and Senior levels. If a Principal level employee applies and is selected, they will be moved into the Member or Senior level and their salary will be adjusted if necessary. Level promotions are not permitted on this requisition.
Employees must remain in their current position for one year before applying for a new position, with the exception of student interns. Application of this requirement will not supersede the Laboratories’ collective bargaining agreements. See collective bargaining labor agreements for represented bidder eligibility requirements for represented employees.
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Are you passionate about your work? Are you interested in joining a dynamic team that solves challenging issues for our nation's security? If so, you could be the Clinical Psychologist we are seeking to join our team! Working here means you will be making a difference and working alongside peers who are committed to the same work.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide consultation to Human Resources (HR) and management regarding the effects of behavioral health and/or substance abuse problems on job performance.
- Consult with the Crisis Intervention Team or Threat Assessment Team.
- Conduct Critical Incident Stress Debriefing for groups experiencing traumatic events.
- Provide brief, evidence-based psychotherapy to employees accessing Employee Assistance Services for stress, anxiety, depression, work problems, family or marital issues, etc.
- Refer for community mental health or substance abuse treatment resources when needed.
- Conduct or assist with specialized Fitness for Duty Evaluations.
Protect the privacy of clients and the confidentiality of their Electronic Medical Records in accordance with HIPAA and applicable law while managing multiple roles and related ethical issues that arise.
This position will be filled on an “as- needed basis” and there will not be regular weekly hours.
- Doctoral degree in relevant discipline, plus an active New Mexico state licensure as a clinical psychologist, and three (3) or more years of related work experience.
- Three (3) years of experience using the MMPI, including in the context of fitness for duty evaluations.
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional or desire to acquire certification.
- Experience with electronic health records.
The Employee Health Services Center provides a variety of health and wellness related services to employees. Occupational and preventive medicine programs, health management, case management, physical therapy, international travel, acute care, emergency medical services are all conducted within the Center.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.