Sandia National Laboratories CIM/Software Systems Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The MESAFab Operations Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) group has an exciting position for an early to mid-career Software Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will be a part of a CIM team that interfaces directly with customers and develops software applications that meet customer needs.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform specific tasks related to the design of systems for wafer fabrication operations work planning, production metrics and data extraction reporting
- Work in a dynamic research and production environment with teams of engineers and technologists
- Work with computer security and database groups to ensure that all corporate standards for security protection measures are met
- Resolve immediate problems related to assignments of limited scope, complexity, and impact with either internal or external customers
- Makes recommendations for action based on analysis and evaluations performed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent degree that emphasizes computer software programming, computer software and hardware systems and architecture plus entry level experience (up to two years) ; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or an equivalent degree that emphasizes computer software programming, computer software and hardware systems and architecture
- Strong academic record (3.2 GPA for BS degree and 3.5 GPA for MS, PhD degree)
- Extensive knowledge of Visual Basic and ASP programming
- Experience with MS Visual Studio.NET.Familiarity with PL/SQL and T/SQL commands
- Demonstrated structured programming skills and ability to develop detailed documentation
- Knowledge of Factory Works Manufacturing Execution System Software
- Previous manufacturing software development/applications experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
Sandia National Laboratories Microsystems and Engineering Sciences Applications (MESA) complex provides unique processing capability in semiconductor microfabrication. The MESAFab Operations departments develop and maintain core semiconductor processing capabilities and capacity that enable our customers to build differentiating Microsystems products. Two unique facilities are co-located within the 65,000 square foot MESAFab complex including: (1) a 12,000 square foot Class 1 Silicon Fab for 6-inch silicon wafer processing and (2) a 15,000 square foot Class 10 and Class 100 MicroFab for compound semiconductor material processing and silicon wafer post-processing. Key microfabrication processing areas include photolithography, reactive ion etch, wet etch/clean, oxidation and diffusion, thin films, CMP (planarization), ion implantation, metrology, deep reactive silicon ion etch, wafer bonding and thinning, electroplating, packaging, MEMS release, yield learning and statistical process control.The Silicon Fab has processing expertise in both CMOS and MEMS technologies. Over 150 equipment sets are maintained, supported and operated 24 hours per day, 5 days a week (3 shifts). Both processing and maintenance expertise are staffed on all 3 shifts. We offer unique prototyping capabilities. We are capable of producing full flow production lots with quick turnaround time as well as performing flexible process development. The MicroFab has expertise in compound semiconductor material processing. All of the MicroFab equipment (180 tools) are maintained and supported by our in-house maintenance and technical staff. We are capable of producing highly customized, low-volume production or prototyping devices and have flexible processing capabilities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.