Sandia National Laboratories CAD Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you highly-motivated and have a passion around contributing to our national security? We are seeking an Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technologist to join our department. In this role on the Mechanical CAD Library team, you will support the Nuclear Deterrence CAD Library Validation/Modernization Program to support mission standards and programs.
The Library program exists to provide an organized, standardized, consistent, high rigor foundation for the ND design community within SNL, that can be replicated throughout the NSE. The successful candidate will join the CAD Library validation/modernization team supporting part verification, process creation, and product structure activities. Duties will include: contributing to the development of High Rigor Commercial Libraries and Medium Rigor Public Domain Libraries, updating Creo template files, and creating/updating training for internal and customer-based usage.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Validate/maintain CAD-based military grade and commercial library hardware
- Validate/maintain library product structure
- Develop/maintain library processes
- Create library objects per manufacturer specifications
- Validate/maintain auxiliary library objects
- Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or other relevant discipline plus two years of relevant experience, or six years of equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. Relevant experience includes a working knowledge of engineering documentation, drawings, model, specifications, or reports.
- Experience using Creo (Pro/ENGINEER) solid-modeling application software.
- An active DOE Q-Level security clearance.
- Four years relevant experience related to an engineering or scientific environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills, both oral and written within a technical setting.
- Experience in applying fundamental design principles that relate to product design and manufacturing.
- Experience in working with system, subsystem, or component design to support a major project or program.
- Experience in applying Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) to engineering drawings.
- Experience interpreting numerous types of technical specifications.
- Experience using Windchill PDMLink and other configuration management tools.
- Established proven track record of demonstrating initiative and obtaining project-based results.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
The Product Definition Tools and Resources (2239) organization delivers common configuration management tools and resources that demonstrate industry standard methodologies, modern applications, and NW-specific requirements/standard methodologies to assure consistent and high-quality engineering product definition to Sandia design/engineering staff. We also provide Sandia's largest 3D printing capability in polymers. Multiple focus areas in the department work in the support spaces of PDMLink, Creo, Software Asset Management, and the CAD Library System. Dept 2239 is also a leader in enabling an agile and responsive nuclear deterrent through the development of innovative approaches to rapidly building and sustaining key ND competencies, product structure and configuration management, and developing and communicating technical information.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.