Sandia National Laboratories Business Systems Analyst (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a motivated Business Systems Analyst to join our dynamic team! You will analyze business and technical functions to develop new and modified mission or business information technology solutions. You will act as a liaison between customers and technical staff to define requirements, and craft business cases for the technology developments.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Utilize your experience partnering with customers to evaluate customer processes, issues, and needs to facilitate the definition of collaboration solution requirements.
- Assist with service improvements and implementations to ensure mission operational requirements are met.
- Conduct customer awareness activities such as communications and providing training.
- Plan and prioritize service enhancements across the video collaboration service.
- Plan, coordinate and execute acceptance testing to ensure systems meet business requirements.
- Participate in research and collaborates with technical staff and customers in the design, development, and testing of information system solutions.
- Lead cross-functional teams to address business or systems issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with project activities that may include tracking tools, requirements gathering techniques and solution development processes.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Q-level security clearance
- Videoconference or collaboration technologies such as Skype, WebEx, Zoom
- IT service demand planning
- Hardware and software integration and testing.
- ITIL model
- IT Service management
- Experience partnering with project manager to execute project end-to-end
- Ability to translate technical terms to layperson's terms and present them to all audiences.
- Ability to work closely with customers and suppliers to define expectations and mutual responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to review and understand end-to-end work processes.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and track metrics for IT services.
Integrated Video Solutions (IVS) offers premier Enterprise Computing Services for secure, reliable video communications to Sandia. Our services provide the lab with the ability to conduct virtual meetings via multiple platforms such as Skype, Polycom and streaming services. These communication services are available on multiple platforms such as Desktop Computer, Conference Rooms and Mobile devices.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.