Sandia National Laboratories Business Management Professional, System & Technology Assessments (STA) (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
5800 Center & PA Program Business Operations (10659) is seeking an experienced, team-oriented, and proactive Business Management Professional (BMP) to support various business operations within the System & Technology Assessments Sub-Program (STA) sub-program in 5910. The BMP will team with technical management, project leads, sponsors, as well as other business professionals assigned to the group to manage multiple portfolios in the STA sub-program. The selected BMP will serve as an integrated team member alongside the 5910 technical team helping with efforts including, Quarterly Management Reviews, internal/external reporting, cost management, schedule management, scope management, risk management, and funds management.
On any given day, you may be called upon to:
- Prepare financial plans, monitor implementation of financial policies, prepare regular and special-purpose reports, maintain historical records, analyze trends, establish cost rates and personnel forecasts, prepare comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgeted funds, and determine rationale for variances between costs and budgets (both direct and indirect).
- Prepare budgets, project schedules, and statistical reports and recommend measures such as schedule revisions, resource adjustments, and funding allocations.
- Prepare and facilitate various management and customer reviews
- Assuming primary responsibility for analysis, development, and reporting throughout all phases of the Project Lifecycle. These duties include partnering with project leads and technical management to develop project proposals, statement of work, work breakdown structure (WBS), cost estimates, the development of a project baseline, and implementation of cost control mechanisms. During project execution these duties include the monitoring of project performance including all necessary variance analysis.
- Serve as centralized point of contact with external customers in regard to funds management, SNL contract processes, and reporting.
Master’s degree in relevant discipline plus a minimum of two years experience, or equivalent:
higher degree (PhD) in relevant discipline;
- or experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Active DOE Q-level (or DOD equivalent) security clearance.
- Active Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance.
- Proficiency with schedule software such as Microsoft Project and P6
- Knowledge of SIPP funding process and past experience working with SIPP sponsors
- Knowledge of project management principles, including standard guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience in project administration and controls activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and perform under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Willing to take initiative, take ownership of job responsibilities, and make appropriate decisions to complete tasks.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and decision analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.
- Working knowledge of financial tools and systems to perform financial analysis and monitor costs and budgets.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate contributions at a professional level in roles or assignments through cross organizational and/or multi-discipline teaming or other collaborative efforts that illustrate an ability to support Sandia's mission.
- Ability to integrate with technical project teams and be a team player.
5800 Center & PA Program Business Operations (10659) provides sound financial, analytical, and project management solutions for our business partners in 5900, Proliferation Assessment Center. We develop business solutions with our technical partners to assure the success of the Center mission. Our core responsibilities include: Analysis, Estimating, & Reporting; Project Management & Decision Support; Financial Stewardship; Interface with the Field Intelligence Element.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start, or equivalent active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD). Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.