Sandia National Laboratories Business Management Professional, Mission Services (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Sandia Mission Services Talent Acquisition Team (MSTAT) is hosting this job requisition for Business Management Professional positions at the Lab. This team is active in identifying candidates with relevant academic and work experience in an effort to meet our staffing needs and objectives for either current or near-term positions.
Selected applicants will be interviewed by a subcommittee of managers. Subsequently, successful applicants will be provided to managers for placement in positions across the Laboratory.
Candidates are expected to team with others to support Sandia's mission by adding value, improving operations, offering innovative solutions and appropriately managing risk for the corporation.
Please submit the following with your completed application:
- Updated resume
- A letter of introduction addressing career goals and areas of primary technical interest/focus
The Business Management Professional (BMP) plays a key role in supporting a variety of national security projects and programs at the lab by using their knowledge and expertise in business, strategy, finance, and infrastructure operations to establish and improve a continuum of business processes.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide decision support to leadership on a broad range of business areas including financial planning, resource management, trends and projections, workforce planning, and business processes.
- Anticipate, identify, research, and communicate key business performance issues to enable successful management of operational and programmatic deliverables for leadership.
- Work collaboratively and/or lead cross-functional teams to facilitate and drive integrated, multi-disciplinary solutions to complex operational problems and/or align with mission/strategic objectives.
- Design, develop, and facilitate strategic planning and process improvements.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to develop strategies, goals and objectives, and detailed plans for long-range implementation.
Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent:
higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant discipline; or
- experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required US DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Strong education, knowledge, and experience in business management functions.
- Knowledge and experience in project administration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Willing to take initiative, take ownership of job responsibilities, and make appropriate decisions to complete tasks.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and decision analysis skills.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.