Sandia National Laboratories Business Development and Strategy Professional for Nuclear Deterrence Applications (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that helps tackle some of the most challenging issues facing our nation’s security? You could be the Business Development and Strategy Professional we are looking for to support Sandia’s nuclear deterrence initiatives. Our department provides integrated business development and strategy experts that are embedded directly with mission and technology teams to realize program development, strategy and partnering objectives. You could be an integrated team member who will develop and execute strategic program and technology initiatives, drive stakeholder engagements and implement internal/external partnership strategies aimed at optimizing national security impact.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Create, implement and communicate strategic initiatives for nuclear deterrence technologies
- Identify current state vs. future state and implement roadmaps for achieving optimal technology and program objectives
- Creatively and strategically develop and translate technology speak into the “So What” for mission applications
- Execute and implement stakeholder engagement strategies by applying institutional expertise, proven processes and creative, out-of-the box solutions
- Identify key market factors such as competitive landscapes, customer opportunities and limitations and national security requirements and trends
- Lead technology transfer initiatives that benefit mission by enabling the transition from pathfinder technologies to deploy national security systems
Are you ready for your next challenge? Join our team and achieve your dreams while making a difference.
- You will have a Bachelor's degree plus 2 years' relevant experience
- Your experience will include business development concepts
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoE Q clearance
- Master’s degree
- Experience with customer retention related to federal government agencies
- Existing DOE Q or Top Secret clearance
The National Security Partnerships and Business Development Department provides embedded business development professionals with a passion for national security, enthusiasm for science and engineering, and the ability to navigate complex organizational cultures. The embedded business development teams have demonstrated significant impact to Sandia for nearly two decades.
- Staff are developed through a robust and structured training, onboarding and mentoring framework specifically designed for the business development discipline
- The team has access to a rich set of proven business development and partnership resources, best practices and experienced management and staff
- Due to the embedded model and its breadth of support, team members have an immediate built-in professional network across Sandia’s technical programs and support organizations (IP, Legal, Competitive Intelligence, Agreements, etc.)
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.