Sandia National Laboratories Administrative Support (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Department 5198 is seeking Classified Visits Administration support for the FIE Badging/Visitor Control Office and Personnel Security program as part of FIE Security Operations. You will work with various functions within FIE security and SIPP programs. This job includes analyzing, interpreting, and implementing, Executive Orders, ICDs, DOE/IN requirements, and FIE Operations procedures. The successful candidate will use judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations; make administrative recommendations, implement improvements for streamlining processes; and represent Sandia with internal and external customers.
The successful candidate frequently interfaces with FIE security personnel, DOE/IN, and various high-level security officials and customers throughout the US to facilitate operations critical to the continued success of SNL. Job focus includes simultaneous access to multiple information systems and customer liaison tools. The FIE Badging and Visitor Control Office provides; documentation and processing of incoming and outgoing classified SCI visits for cleared personnel; SCI badging for Sandia MOWs and authorized visitors; site badge request support for SCI visitors; secondary support for FIE Personnel Security functions.
- Currently hold a DOE Q (or USG equivalent) clearance;
- Knowledge of and experience with general administrative services and activities;
- Knowledge of and experience with common office software;
- Excellent oral and written skills, including proofreading, grammar, spelling, punctuation, accuracy, and attention to detail;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and interact with all levels of internal and external personnel;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, often under strict deadlines, frequent interruptions, and competing priorities;
- Ability to work with sensitive information and classified matter; and
- Ability to receive and maintain SCI clearance and pass polygraph examination.
- Current or previous SCI clearance with SIPP programs knowledge;
- DOE Personnel Security, OPSEC, or USG Credentialing and security protocols experience;
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts at all levels; and
- Project planning and scheduling experience.
The Field Intelligence Element (FIE) Operations Group performs high-impact, national security work for a broad segment of the Intelligence Community. The FIE Physical Security Department protects the information of our customers and creates a secure environment that allows Sandia to deliver products and services that protect our nation's security. The functions of this department include program security, visitor control, badge office, protocol, FIE Safety, facility security, and SCIF space.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.