Sandia National Laboratories Administrative Support Associate (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and want to utilize state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Are you looking to join a dynamic team that solves challenging issues for the nation's security? If so, you could be one of the highly motivated Administrative Support Associates we seek.
The Firing & Embedded Systems group (2620) has a portfolio that covers diverse opportunities across Sandia’s Nuclear Deterrence mission and various Strategic Partnership Programs supporting work across the U.S. government. We have an immediate need for an Administrative Support Associate to support the Mobile Guardian Transporter team in partnership with Division 6000.
To this end, we seek a proactive, self-starter who enjoys working in a challenging and rewarding environment. As a valued member of the team, you will provide administrative support to the business development staff and line managers within the group.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Collaborate with varying levels of staff and management to define and visualize processes for a diverse NW and SPP portfolio
- Design and manage product lifecycle information and databases
- Create and edit SharePoint sites, and take ownership of updating the content for site users
- Assist in the preparation of slides, reports, flowcharts, and templates
- Support group-level strategic planning activities
- Take notes and follow up on time-critical action items with changing priorities
- High School Diploma plus 3 years relevant experience.
- Active Department of Energy (DOE) L with the ability to obtain and maintain a Q-level security clearance.
- Interest in learning about strategic and technical business development
- Experience managing product lifecycle information throughout the development cycle
- Ability to be proactive, work with limited oversight, and ask questions when needed
- Strong customer focus with enthusiasm and a desire to optimally support the administrative/business needs of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and be responsive to changing priorities, short deadlines, and time-critical items
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to track long-term tasks
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to achieve cooperation in a diverse atmosphere
- Ability to learn and utilize new software systems
- Willingness to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to travel to customer sites on an as needed basis
The Firing & Embedded Systems group (2620) is a recognized leader in realizing safe, secure, and reliable products. We research, design, develop, and deliver highly reliable, trusted systems and high consequence hardware and software products to serve our National Security customers today, tomorrow, and always. Our technical backgrounds are diverse. Some of us have spent years focusing on the fine details of particular technologies and are recognized as nation-level experts. Some of us are generalists and support multiple projects¿keeping things connected and developing new skills. Our teams are comprised of specialists and generalists working together, and it is easy to shift between projects and technical roles over time. If this environment sounds appealing, we'd like to meet you.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L security clearance to start, or equivalent active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD).
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.