Sandia National Laboratories Student Intern - High Performance Computing R&D Graduate Summer in Livermore, California
The Scalable Modeling & Analysis Systems Department is seeking student interns to participate in research and development in the field of High Performance Computing. Specific project areas include programming models, fault tolerance, data analytics, parallel computing and devops for cluster environments. Interns will help to advance projects directed by Principle and Senior researchers.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited science, engineering, or math graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be enrolled in a Master's or PhD program in software engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related field
- Strong C/C++ programming and software design abilities as well as experience with MPI, distributed-memory parallel programming
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Note: If you have not yet started your graduate program, please apply to an undergraduate intern position.
For MS students, an interest in or experience with conducting self-driven research is beneficial
The Computer Sciences and Information Systems Center is the home of computer science and information systems work and capabilities at Sandia's California site. We have capabilities that span across multiple computer science and information systems disciplines. Our activities include computational science and mathematics research, high performance computing, visualization systems research and development, problem solving environments, information security research and operations, and network operations.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT