Sandia National Laboratories Postdoctoral Appointee - Chemical Systems Computation in Livermore, California
The Reacting Flow Research Department at Sandia National Laboratories in Livermore, CA seeks a postdoctoral researcher with a strong computational science background who will pursue research in the development of software tools for the computation and analysis of chemical systems. The selected applicant will be part of a multi-disciplinary multi-institutional team and will focus on the development of GPU-enabled open-source chemical systems computation and analysis software, targeting heterogeneous exascale computational architectures, with application in both gas-phase kinetics and heterogeneous catalysis. The postdoctoral fellow will work under the supervision of one or more research staff, and collaborate with other researchers at Sandia, other National Laboratories, and in academia. Research programs are expected to result in major impact and recognition within the academic research community, as well as relevant contributions to the long-term energy and environmental mission objectives of the U.S. Department of Energy.
- PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, or Applied Mathematics;
- Experience in developing computational software;
- Strong research skills as evidenced by technical publications in scientific conferences and journals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with C++ object oriented software development, MPI/OpenMP parallel programing, computational chemistry code development, and architecture-aware algorithm/software development, including large-scale linear algebra kernels and GPU-programming models, are all a plus.
Experimental and computational modeling studies of reacting flow phenomena relevant to combustion processes.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT