Sandia National Laboratories Material Management Support (Experienced) in Livermore, California
Play a key role in maintaining and controlling receipt, storage, and issuance of Facilities inventory and materials. Working in conjunction with warehouse clerk / staff, a Material Handler verifies materials received are as ordered, physically pulls, bundles, and organizes materials from the facilities warehouse in preparation for storage or project execution.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Handles pick tickets/orders from warehouse staff to pull items from warehouse inventory
- Use scan guns and other electronic equipment as necessary
- Utilize a computerized inventory system
- Physically pulls warehouse items; compare and inspect physical items pulled to the requirements of the pick ticket/order
- Operates any material handling equipment following established safety guidelines
- Receive and unload incoming items in inventory
- Participate in conducting warehouse inventory counts as required
- Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse
- Assist in researching / ordering / tracking materials
- High school diploma or GED and three or more years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute task on demand
- Knowledge of material handling equipment operation
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time as a primary job responsibility
- Capacity to lift and carry heavy materials intermittently during a typical work shift
- Observance to established safety guidelines in conducting physical work activities
- Previous experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of material handling
- Knowledge of computerized inventory system (IBM Maximo preferred)
The Customer Operations Department is responsible for providing Operational, Systems, and Maintenance Engineering solutions and support throughout the CA site with intentional alignment to Mission Areas and Site Planning. The team coordinates planned reliability-based operations, provides maintenance support, and manages all service and utility contracts. The department... also supports the organization with records management and material management.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT