Sandia National Laboratories Team Lead, Videoconferencing & Collaboration (8744-1) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Team Lead, Information Systems Engineeringto manage videoconferencing staff in New Mexico and California. The successful candidate will lead a cross site team in videoconferencing operations, maintenance, and project management in support of the corporate mission and provide real-time face-to-face communication services. This role will be based in New Mexico and report to a manager in California. The Team Lead will need to perform their duties with reasonable autonomy and minimal oversight.
The Team Lead will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Recruit and develop team to meet demands of customer needs
- Oversee daily operations of videoconferencing service
- Lead project execution team to deliver new or upgrade videoconference rooms
- Ensure successful coordination and execution of project plans
- Performance management of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Provide direction and guidance to staff and contract resources
- Budget tracking and forecasting
- Manage customer engagements and act as primary liaison for escalations in New Mexico
- Monitor and track health of service
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with customers to meet business collaboration needs
- Validate and confirm key processes are followed
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage vendors and 3rd parties that support systems
- B.S. or M.S. in Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Computer Science, or relevant discipline, with at least five years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience putting strategy to action and acting as a change agent.
- Significant experience managing projects and leading a team.
- Familiarity with video conferencing technology and standards.
- Experience in project risk management, tracking project critical paths, developing communication plans, monitoring project burn rates, developing change plans, financial forecasting, balancing resource plans, etc.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q security clearance.
- Extensive experience managing and deploying videoconference capabilities in medium to large enterprise.
- Experience using collaborative applications in a secure environment.
- Experience with and desire to integrate collaborative tools into corporate environments.
- Drive to stay on the leading edge of collaborative technology and to provide our customers with the most appropriate and effective tools to complete the mission.
- Hardware and software technical proficiency in videoconferencing.
- Software and hardware videoconferencing knowledge including from desktop Microsoft integration to Telepresence; protocols associated with videoconferencing; bridging (multi-point control) systems and operation, streaming and application sharing, audio/video technology such as displays, projectors, flat panels, control systems, AV routers, digital and analog distribution systems.
- Working knowledge of network wiring architectures including network routers, switchers, hubs firewalls, gatekeepers and gateways; network routing processes and ACL lists; LAN/WAN architectures and long haul communications, ISDN, IP; telephones (analog, ISDN and VoIP) and telephony technology; multimedia presentation systems; data encryption and evolving computer architectures.
- Experience in unified communications models in an IP environment preferred.
The Videoconferencing & Collaborative Technologies mission is to provide real-time face-to-face interactive communication capability that enables users to effectively share ideas, concepts and information. The tools that we support are: secure videoconferencing technologies for rooms and desktops/laptops, and application sharing.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT