Sandia National Laboratories Software Systems Engineer - Web Applications (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Our team is seeking an enthusiastic software systems engineer with experience to perform a wide range of development activities across the entire web application technology stack.
In addition to current software development, design and coding experience, the selected candidate must possess effective communication skills, attention to detail and ability to research solutions to software systems engineering issues.
Specific job duties include:
- Use software industry best practices and tools to develop and release software products
- Work as a member of a cross-functional agile team participating in planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Take responsibility for timely completion of software tasks identifying alternative approaches or work-arounds when problems are encountered
- Seek constant improvement of products, software engineering processes as well as continuous development and growth of skills
- Position requires bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline plus entry level experience (up to two years); or master’s degree in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional experience with web application development and object oriented programming.
- Familiarity with software development best practices such as unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Experience developing on the .NET platform with C# and Microsoft developer tools.
- Experience developing web applications and REST Services.
- Experience using ASP.NET MVC or other MVC frameworks.
- Experience with version control systems TFVC and Git.
- Proficiency with SQL and experience with advanced database concepts.
- Experience building and maintaining robust enterprise strength applications that serve a varied customer base.
- Demonstrated initiative in dealing with challenging problems and implementing creative solutions.
- Experience with code reviews.
The Production Tools team in Department 10762 is comprised of seven developers who are responsible for a wide range of custom built Sandia IT infrastructure tools. Our products include NWIS, DiGS, ick, WebCARS, NICK and SAMS amongst others. Our team utilizes agile development strategies, continuous integration, test-driven development and a strong focus on paired programming.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT