Sandia National Laboratories Software Systems Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
A positive interaction with application users and customer is paramount. Job duties include: learn and support existing code elements, documentation, write and execute test plans, apply configuration management practices, stage and deploy solutions with infrastructure providers, peer review solution artifacts, apply relevant security standards, follow procedures for managing sensitive data, and troubleshoot issues.
- Master's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering; or Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering plus two years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Object Oriented programming.
- Experience in requirements definition/documentation and the ability to create and implement test plans.
- Experience with report design using SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) .
- Experience in Agile development environment.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management or configuration management concept and best-practice processes .
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and people skills with demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a teaming environment.
- Excellent customer service attitude and problem solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new tools, approaches, and concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and consistently meet deadlines.
The Lifecycle Management Solutions Department (9352) is responsible for innovation, consulting, development, implementation and maintenance of product lifecycle solutions. Specifically, the department is focused on corporate solutions for configuration management, quality assurance, systems engineering, product and process engineering - all aspects of product lifecycle management.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT