Sandia National Laboratories Scrum Master (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We seek a creative and experienced Scrum Master with strong interpersonal skills and the real world Agile experience to be a member of a dynamic software team building the next generation of Product Development Life Cycle (PLM) solutions to fill our Solutions Architect role.
Must have demonstrated ability in professional software development environment; familiar with code sharing and source control tools and experience working with multi-tier web architectures. Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
Job duties include:
- Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers and stakeholders
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining(aka grooming) and managing the product backlog
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent plus five years of experience; or Masters of Science in Computer Science or equivalent plus two years of experience; or Doctorate in relevant discipline
- Experience as a professional Scrum Master, Coach or Trainer
Experience working in a team-based, full lifecycle software development environment.
Strong demonstrated commitment to Agile principles and practices.
Demonstrated ability to facilitate adoption of these for teams new to the frameworks and new to the engineering practices.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to work across teams and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong ability to present software concepts to non-technical audience.
Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Previous experience as a collaborative leader
The Design & Development Solutions Department is responsible for software applications that support Product Lifecycle Management (PLM). This includes providing solutions to define all aspects of a product's Bill of Materials (BOM) and providing a Product Data Management (PDM) system that enables distributed product development and configuration management of CAD models, drawings, and specifications. 9518's software applications are used at Sandia and throughout the NSE Complex to support direct mission work. The organization has expertise in all areas of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including requirements analysis, data modeling, IT system engineering, application development, and technical project management.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT