Sandia National Laboratories R&D Nanotechnologies Prototype Lab Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Lab Support Technologist to support experiments on nanoelectronics systems within the Center for Integrated Nanotechnology’s (CINT) Prototype Laboratory. Our nanoelectronic experiments involve semiconductor nanostructures that are mounted on cryostats and measured with a combination of low frequency and high frequency electronics techniques.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work with staff and users to design and construct prototype parts for experiments
- Design and fabricate custom components including specialized wiring and cryogenic parts
- Support laboratory operations to include maintenance of safety systems and paperwork, maintenance of electronic and pressure systems, support of operating cryostats
- Support programming, circuit design, and data collection activities
- High school diploma plus 3 years’ relevant experience
- Experience with 3D modeling, design, and construction of custom experiment parts
- Experience soldering electrical parts
- Experience with one-off prototype fabrication
- Experience guiding staff and users with varying knowledge of lab tools and systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoE L clearance
- Experience with computer programming and interfacing with measurement systems
- Experience with the design, test, and installation of vacuum systems
- Experience with cryogenic components and systems
- Experience with circuit design and testing
- Experience with wirebonding
- Experience designing printed circuit boards
- Experience with 3D printing
The Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT) Science Department consists of CINT scientific research staff assigned to the Material, Physical, and Chemical Sciences Center at Sandia National Laboratories. CINT is a DOE/Office of Science National User Facility operated jointly by Sandia and Los Alamos National Laboratories with facilities at both Laboratories. The CINT Science Department is dedicated to establishing the scientific principles that govern the design, performance, and integration of nanoscale materials into microscale and macroscale systems and devices.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT